E-commerce Director at Charlie Temple
What is the role about?
The E-commerce Director is responsible for Charlie Temple’s international sales growth (pure play, hence 100% online) and its e-commerce technology enablers. More specifically:
- Performance marketing: deep, analytical understanding of online and offline marketing channels – their effectiveness, channel mix effects, and trends over time
- Conversion optimization: full customer journey, including A/B testing and other tools & method
- E-commerce technology roadmap: ongoing upgrades of our e-commerce tools and systems
- Analytics/ BI: insights that drive actions, support experiments, and flag risks early
What does the organization look like?
The E-commerce Director is part of the Charlie Temple Leadership Team. He/ she leads a fast growing team of e-commerce professionals. Currently this includes a Product Owner, a CRO specialist, a Performance Marketeer, a Campaign Marketeer, and a native German Country Marketeer. This team is structured as a ‘center of excellence’ plus country ‘satellites’. It will grow considerably within the next few months, adding a brand manager/ art director, front-end designers, and new country marketeers amongst others.
What does the right candidate bring?
You have 6+ years of work experience including 2+ years of e-commerce category management and 2+ years of experience with e-commerce systems and tools. Experience in other consulting or analytical roles is an advantage. You have a proven track record in successfully leading and growing a team of professionals.
Your specific (acquired) skills are:
- You are very result oriented
- You can deal with pressure
- You can zoom in and out
- You can manage a team
- You can work in international settings
- You have a perspective on the online future / innovation
Your intrinsics/ personalilty includes the following characteristics:
- You are analytical
- You communicate well (listening, verbal, writing)
- You are a team player
- You are ‘can-do’ (how can it be done)
- You think from a customer point of view
The logistics of this role work for you:
- Role is based in Rotterdam, in the Van Nelle Fabriek
- You are willing to go the extra mile – this is a highly rewarding, exciting job with excellent growth perspectives, but it is not 9-5
Who is Charlie Temple?
Charlie Temple is the fastest growing prescription pure play/ 100% online eyewear retailer in the Netherlands. Established in May 2016, Charlie Temple has by now gained a ~5% volume market share in the Netherlands, and launched in Germany in Q4 2018. Aim is to be the Pan-European category leader eyewear with 1 million units sold in 2021.
Our manifesto is to deliver the highest quality eyewear for the best price, best service with next day delivery. Charlie Temple is a full stack operator which controls the complete vertical line of eyewear design, production and lens cutting. It exclusively sells Charlie Temple branded and manufactured eyewear and we are a cost price leader with ~150.000 optical frames and ~150.000 prescription lenses on stock in our HQ in Rotterdam.
Charlie Temple was awarded with a position in the EMERCE Magazine E-COMMERCE TOP 10 of most innovative e-commerce companies of 2017 and acquired by Grand Vision (mother company of e.g., Pearle (NL), Eyewish (NL), Apollo (DE)) early 2019. Charlie Temple is extremely result driven with a strong focus on customer acquisition, efficiency and growth.
Interested? Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com